A Star Trek doctor is included on a list of the “10 Classic TV Doctors.”
The ten doctors, whose names are well-known to television viewers, range from a youthful but gifted Doogie Houser, to the curmudgeonly Gregory House.
Dr. Leonard McCoy (Bones), played by DeForest Kelley, came in at number nine on the list. “‘He’s dead, Jim.’ Leonard McCoy was a staple of the original Star Trek TV series and later film franchise, known for his dry humor and comic pessimism. He even put in an appearance in the pilot episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation.”
The top ten television doctors are:
- Cliff Huxtable (Bill Cosby). The Cosby Show.
- Doogie Howser (Neil Patrick Harris). Doogie Howser, M.D.
- Philip Chandler (Denzel Washington). St. Elsewhere.
- Benjamin Franklin “Hawkeye” Pierce (Alan Alda). M*A*S*H.
- Doug Ross (George Clooney). E.R.
- Marcus Welby (Robert Young). Marcus Welby, M.D.
- Miranda Bailey (Chandra Wilson). Grey’s Anatomy.
- Julius Hibbert (Harry Shearer). The Simpsons
- Leonard “Bones” McCoy (DeForest Kelley). Star Trek.
- Gregory House (Hugh Laurie). House.